Composition & Brushwork
Workshop by Kenn Backhaus
September 27-29 , 2017, 11AM-6PM
Members: $325, Non-members: $375
Creating a strong visual should be a paramount decision of the artist. Grasping the attention of the viewer to our works, should be first and foremost. After seizing their attention the artist needs to retain their interest with competent and expressive paint application. In this workshop emphasis will be placed upon developing dynamic and more powerful compositions, teaming this with expressive medium application or what’s known as brushwork. The creative process is based on a compilation of fundamentals and principles, which are essential in the development of representational paintings. The knowledge and opportunity to develop your skills from this workshop can be applied to various discipline such as, plein air, still life, landscape, figurative or portrait painting. This will be an indoor workshop utilizing printed or digital reference.
Kenn will work with you to help further develop your individual style. He will identify your strong and weak points. We will build on the strong points and try to overcome the weak areas. Kenn teaches through both lecture and demonstration, but to further your painting development he will also work with your unique vision.
Kenn is versed in all mediums. The class will be taught in oil but open to other mediums; acrylics, watercolor and pastel.
Click here for a list of materials.
THERE ARE FOUR WAYS TO REGISTER
• To register online please click here.
• Call 479.784.2787. Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover are accepted.
• Mail the registration form with credit card information, check or money order payable to Fort Smith Regional Art Museum Attn: Workshop, P.O. Box 1257, Fort Smith, AR 72902
• Fax the registration form with credit card information to 479.784.9071.
• The workshop has a limited number of participants in order to provide thorough and individualized attention to each student.
• Participants are expected be on time.
• There is no smoking during the workshop.
• Please have your cell phones off during class.
• If you have any special needs please let us know in advance, and we would be happy to assist you.
A full refund (less a $50 processing fee) will be made if written notice of cancellation is received one month in advance; a 50% refund will be made if written cancellation is received 72 hours in advance. No refunds for no shows. If you cannot attend the workshop you may send a substitute participant in your place with advance notification to RAM’s office at 479-784-2787.
Travel and Lodging
Participants at the workshop are responsible for their own travel and lodging arrangements.
Lunch will be 1-2PM. Breaks when needed.
Water and coffee will be provided throughout the course of the workshop.
Image: Sunset on Lewis Island. 16 x 20″, oil.