The Conceptual Still Life
Workshop by Jeff Legg
November 15-17 , 2017, 11AM-6PM
Members: $450, Non-members: $480
Breathe life into your still life with a more spontaneous approach in this 3-day workshop. Learn how to think about painting “light” instead of objects. I will show you my thought process in setting up a concept and executing it by going directly to paint, without fussing with tedious pre-drawings. I will teach and demonstrate my painting methods each day from start to finish with commentary throughout the process. There will be open discussion of my material choices, prop selection, paint application, values, colors choices and lighting of the subject. You will receive one on one critique with special attention to your particular needs. Beginners through advanced are welcome.
Click here for a list of materials.
THERE ARE FOUR WAYS TO REGISTER
• To register online please click here.
• Call 479.784.2787. Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover are accepted.
• Mail the registration form with credit card information, check or money order payable to Fort Smith Regional Art Museum Attn: Workshop, P.O. Box 1257, Fort Smith, AR 72902
• Fax the registration form with credit card information to 479.784.9071.
• The workshop has a limited number of participants in order to provide thorough and individualized attention to each student.
• Participants are expected be on time.
• There is no smoking during the workshop.
• Please have your cell phones off during class.
• If you have any special needs please let us know in advance, and we would be happy to assist you.
A full refund (less a $50 processing fee) will be made if written notice of cancellation is received one month in advance; a 50% refund will be made if written cancellation is received 72 hours in advance. No refunds for no shows. If you cannot attend the workshop you may send a substitute participant in your place with advance notification to RAM’s office at 479-784-2787.
Travel and Lodging
Participants at the workshop are responsible for their own travel and lodging arrangements.
Lunch will be 1-2PM. Breaks when needed.
Water and coffee will be provided throughout the course of the workshop.
Image: Plump Pears, 9″ x 9″, oil on linen.