Image to Abstract
Workshop by Mark Daniel Nelson
May 17-19 , 2017, 11AM-6PM
Members: $325, Non-members: $375
This workshop is specially designed for the realist painter interested in adding elements of abstraction to his or her work. Remaining firmly rooted in traditional representational techniques, a series of progressive exercises will guide the student through a process of eliminating unnecessary visual information to arrive at a more potent, expressive final image.
Click here for a list of materials.
THERE ARE FOUR WAYS TO REGISTER
• To register online please click here.
• Call 479.784.2787. Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover are accepted.
• Mail the registration form with credit card information, check or money order payable to Fort Smith Regional Art Museum Attn: Workshop, P.O. Box 1257, Fort Smith, AR 72902
• Fax the registration form with credit card information to 479.784.9071.
• The workshop has a limited number of participants in order to provide thorough and individualized attention to each student.
• Participants are expected be on time.
• There is no smoking during the workshop.
• Please have your cell phones off during class.
• If you have any special needs please let us know in advance, and we would be happy to assist you.
A full refund (less a $50 processing fee) will be made if written notice of cancellation is received one month in advance; a 50% refund will be made if written cancellation is received 72 hours in advance. No refunds for no shows. If you cannot attend the workshop you may send a substitute participant in your place with advance notification to RAM’s office at 479-784-2787.
Travel and Lodging
Participants at the workshop are responsible for their own travel and lodging arrangements.
Lunch will be 1-2PM. Breaks when needed.
Water and coffee will be provided throughout the course of the workshop.
Image: The Musician, Oil on Linen, 10 x 8 inches