Metamorphosis Rules and Regulations
RAM ANNUAL STUDENT INVITATIONAL – February 4 – May 22, 2022
Our Annual Invitational and Call for works has been extended! The new deadline is DECEMBER 15. The annual invitational is a national competitive exhibition that has been hosted by the Fort Smith Regional Art Museum since its inception in 1948. The purpose of this exhibition is to encourage and recognize professional artists. In addition, this exhibition aligns with the museum’s mission to foster art appreciation in the community. All works will be for sale. All proceeds will benefit RAM’s exhibits, educational programming, and the participating artists.
The theme of this year’s open invitational is Metamorphosis.
For our annual invitational this year, amidst the chaos, isolation, and shifting perspectives, the Fort Smith Regional Art Museum desires to focus on renewal and new beginnings. The theme for this year’s annual invitational is Metamorphosis
. When the word metamorphosis
is used, concepts of renewal, rebirth, and change often come to mind. These definitions carry heavy symbolic weight as many individuals and communities have gone through significant changes over the past two years. This year’s invitational invites artists in all genres to submit work evocative of renewal, rebirth, beginnings, endings, and individualistic approaches to what “metamorphosis” means to them.
Cash prizes and an exhibition opportunity for Juror’s Choice!
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS – Extended: Wednesday, December 15, 2021
ACCEPTED ENTRIES ANNOUNCED: Friday, December 24, 2021
DEADLINE FOR ACCEPTED ARTWORK DELIVERY: January 21, 2022
EXHIBITION DATES: Friday, February 4 – Sunday, May 22, 2022
DEADLINE FOR PICK UP: Friday, May 27, 2022
WINNERS ANNOUNCED: Friday, February 3, 2022, at the Invitational Opening Reception, 5-7 PM
Submissions must include:
- FIRST PRIZE – $300 & a solo show at RAM in 2022-23
- SECOND PRIZE – $150
- THIRD PRIZE – $75
- Ages 6 – 18 years, please submit, for FREE, to the RAM Annual Student Invitational.
- Up to 4 pieces may be submitted, and no more than 12 clearly labeled high-resolution CD images, slides or photographs will be accepted
- Details for each work: title, year, media, and dimensions (H x W x D).
- How much you require for each piece, in the event of a sale
- Artist resume including list of solo and group exhibitions
- Artist statement of why your piece represents “Metamorphosis”
- Submissions will not be returned
- Any artwork left at RAM after the pick-up deadline of Friday, May 27, 2022, will be considered forfeited
Submissions can be any media: painting, photography, fiber, sculpture installation or video.
Museum will not accept original artwork as a submission
Send submission to:
Fort Smith Regional Art Museum, RAM Annual Student Invitational
1601 Rogers Avenue, Fort Smith, AR 72901
or email your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org
Drop-offs can be made during museum hours only:
Tuesday – Saturday, 11 am-6 pm; Sunday 1-5 pm