To foster art appreciation in the community through diverse exhibitions, educational programming, dynamic events, and cultural partnerships.
The Fort Smith Regional Art Museum (RAM) originated in 1948 under the Arkansas Association of University Women. In 1951, the Associated Artists of Fort Smith began exhibiting art and holding classes in various locations throughout Fort Smith. In 1960, space for an art center was purchased, and in 1968, the Fort Smith Art Center was incorporated.
The small Art Center offered a valuable service for local and regional artists by offering space for its artists for five decades. Arvest Bank made an expansion possible by donating a 16,000 square-foot building to the Art Center in January of 2009. The Art Center was re-branded and opened in January 2013 as the Fort Smith Regional Art Museum.
RAM exhibits local, nationally and internationally recognized artists. In addition to ongoing exhibitions, the museum offers children and adult classes, lectures, opening receptions, art camps, galas, and workshops. Additionally, the museum offers facility rentals and a specialty gift shop featuring artist-made items.